The latest smart security installations have become more advanced by the day. Even so, it’s still easy to forget to complete basic security tasks like turning on your a security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
What if you never had to worry about these tasks again? With geofencing in Miami, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Miami For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border along the sides of your residence, which you can arrange in your smart security app. This modern home security option then utilizes your phone to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements utilize to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology assists your home security by grouping all devices onto the same network. You can draw specific boundaries around your property and designate particular actions as you go past the prearranged border line.
For example, when you leave your premises, you can instruct your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing will alert your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are several of the technologies you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way to use your home security system in Miami. When accessing the ADT Control app, you are able to reap the benefits of smart home automation. Just tap a button, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart components to operate at a specific time. Have your lights start to turn down to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disarm your alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make certain devices activate in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the fan if the CO detector goes off. Or turn on your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera senses unusual motion outside.
● Set a scene: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Have your lighting turn off, the temperature go down, and the smart locks bolt at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm if you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Miami
Whether you seek added reassurance of a fully secured property whenever you drive away or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (305) 563-8665 or complete the form on this page to start designing your perfect security system.