How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Miami
Security cameras can solely be used as a deterrent—a display that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to bolster your home’s security.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras come outfitted with a plethora of features all tailor-made to deliver total protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way talk or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion detectors, these features help you to have the most from security cameras in Miami.
How To Set Up Your Miami Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
Mounting your video surveillance on the ideal locations around your residence is the right place to start with home security.. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic spots like the kitchen or den. It’s also a great idea to install a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to pass to get to the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras ideally afford a clear sightline of your front door, drive, front and patio, shed, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your front door with a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations inside your house that aren’t quite as vital to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Seclusion for you and your family ought to be a major consideration before placing a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion detectors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Component layout is only the first step in utilizing the utmost from home security cameras in Miami. The additions described below help to maximize security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant notifications on your smart device anytime abnormal activity is detected. You can also set cameras to begin filming when activity is detected which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your home security cameras to film and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- 2-way audio: The majority of today’s security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to chat with anyone with the camera. Through your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view is determined by how much a lens can see, and allows for a more exhaustive look at an area. Opt for cameras that have at least 120° angle lens or that are able to pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Double check that your home security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up clips of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more targeted, program activity zones. For example, you can program your outdoor camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your porch and disregard cars passing or the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant texts when the sense something unusual taking place around your home.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your home security cameras in Miami is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security rises from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (305) 563-8665 or complete the form below to begin customizing your security system today.