How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Miami
You understand you must protect your home. After all, it’s the place where your family lives and is where you have all of your possessions. But what type of home security is right for you? Figuring out if you should use 24-hour monitoring is one of the primary decisions you must make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Miami and get a better idea of what’s best for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home security system links to a third-party monitoring service that is prepared to offer assistance at a moment’s notice. Whenever a door sensor activates or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring agents are issued an instant warning. They quickly take action to confirm the alarm and dispatch the applicable emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored system doesn’t come with professional support. You might consider this option as self-monitored, which means that if your alarm goes off, you must respond to remedy the situation. This possibility is the cheaper solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Miami
Here’s a quick breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a backup in place is always smart. If you are not on site, not awake, or don’t have your phone, your residence and its inhabitants will still be protected.
- Faster response times: Monitoring professionals are always ready. They’ll react quicker to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security systems may qualify you for a discount on your home insurance premium.
- Superior tools and smooth integration: When you receive tools, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security provider, you will gain access to a fully integrated system with devices that may be better than what you will find independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Have to get your system installed professionally: Countless individuals prefer to have the job taken care of by skilled professionals, but some might object.
- Must sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This arrangement is likely to be acceptable for many as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Miami
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: DIYers might deem this to be a pro as they can handle the installation themselves and avoid an added expense. Others might want to go with a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You can install equipment whenever you want - and from different manufacturers. With that being said, you might find integrating into a fully connected system more challenging.
- You’re always in charge: You won’t have a third party monitoring your system. If something happens, it’s up to you to get help.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’re away from your smartphone and don’t see a security notification? This scenario equates to additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: As you are the only one in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you want help during the installation, you might have to employ a separate contractor. The installation is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Miami
Get the 24-hour support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Miami from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the right solution for you. Dial (305) 563-8665 today to speak with our security experts.