Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Miami?
Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Miami? Generally, you should consider three major regions of your residence for video protection: your principal entryway, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. Although your security installer is able to advise where you should begin, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Make Sure To Defend Your Front Entryway
While it might seem absurd that a burglar would try to casually walk in the front door, 34% of break-ins take place near the front door. There are also porch pirates among other risks to think about. A doorbell camera is ideal to tackle all of these worries with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are extra useful as you are able to chat with people who come and press the button. Through your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to reply to every ring with two-direction audio and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. In the event a visitor attempts something nefarious, you will have your camera document the event on video and send it to your cell phone through a text.
Cover The Most Area With Your Exterior Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging undertaking. Luckily, there are a few beneficial tips to greatly increase the likelihood that you’re safeguarded appropriately.
- Corners of your Miami residence allow for an impressive sightline, as you can see two sections of your yard.
- Right under an eave or straight into a length of cladding or edging are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- On top of your garage, because the garage door is an easier entryway for intruders than you’d think!
- Overlooking a deck or back door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the street.
In each of these spots, be sure to cut back any bushes or tree limbs that might obstruct your ability to see clearly.
Recommendations To Enjoy The Most From Your In-Home Video Equipment
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras within your residence in Miami. That same flexibility results in there being additional aspects to contemplate:
- Windows and Sunlight: While you’ll want to ensure your windows are closed and locked, the natural light from a window can cause glare and affect your surveillance footage. Aim the lens away from any direct views of windows to circumvent this issue.
- Utilize Height: Just like an observation deck, a security camera positioned in a high place will have a broader view. Try placing your cameras on top of bookshelves or mounted on a corner or ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your video equipment won’t be able to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Set your indoor units in locations where little ones and house pets have no ability to tamper with them. You could try mounting or other ways to secure them to make sure they don’t fall if mistakenly jostled.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best security camera will fail to be of much use if there is a houseplant in the way. On the other hand, interior decor and plant life can also serve as a means to conceal your surveillance installation. Just be careful they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the perfect system for your whole house -- defending every square foot. Just call (305) 563-8665 or complete the following form to get started.